Advertising Terms & Conditions
Advertising Standard Conditions of Acceptance
The following conditions apply to the placing of an order for insertion of advertisements for ‘Inside Lancashire magazine electronic or printed publications.
Inside Lancashire Magazine is a trading name of Inside Lancashire Ltd.
1 ‘Advertiser’ means a person or company making a booking otherwise than through or by means of an Advertising Agent or Agency.
2 ‘Advertising Agent’ or ‘Agency’ means a person or company carrying on the business involving the selection and purchase of advertising space and/or time for persons wishing to advertise.
3 ‘Advertising Copy’ means advertising text, content or artwork intended for reproduction in the Inside Lancashire magazine publication and/or web site as an advertisement.
4 ‘Contract’ means the agreement between Inside Lancashire Ltd and the Advertiser and/or Advertising Agent or Agency for the publishing or broadcast of the advertisements, which is governed by these terms & conditions.
5 ‘Advertisement’ means any page or part thereof containing graphics or text put forward by the Advertiser for publication in Inside Lancashire Magazine and/or transmission on the web site pursuant to the Contract.
6 For the purpose of these terms and conditions, all references to the Advertiser shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as references to the Advertising Agent or Agency where the agreement is entered into by an Advertising Agent or Agency on behalf of a third party.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By placing an order with Inside Lancashire Ltd for publishing or broadcast on the website, the Advertiser is deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
2. No terms and conditions other than those set forth herein or any variation thereof shall be binding upon Inside Lancashire Ltd or the Advertiser unless it is in writing and signed by authorised representatives on behalf of Inside Lancashire Ltd and the Advertiser.
3. Inside Lancashire Ltd do not guarantee the success of any Advertisement or series of Advertisements which it which publishes or transmits on its website and will accept no liability for the commercial failure of any Advertisement(s).
ACCEPTANCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS
1. An advertisement will be transmitted only if it is approved by Inside Lancashire Ltd and complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and any industry codes or rules (by which Inside Lancashire and the Advertiser may be bound) that are in force at the time of publication or transmission.
2. Advertisement Copy, together with any instructions pertaining thereto, must be submitted in advance of the scheduled publication or transmission for provisional approval by Inside Lancashire Ltd.
3 Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions.
4. Cancellation of an advertisement or insertion in a printed publication, other than as described above, must be notified to Inside Lancashire Ltd in writing at least 21 days prior to the Copy Date for the relevant issue. Should the Advertiser fail to meet this condition then he will be required to pay for the space reserved at the agreed rate, notwithstanding that the advertisement has not been published, and the space will be used by the Publisher for another purpose.
MATERIALS AND PROPERTY LIABILITY
Whilst every reasonable care will be taken in respect of advertising material or artwork, Inside Lancashire Ltd cannot accept liability for the delay in delivery, loss or damage thereof, whether on the premises of Inside Lancashire Ltd or in transit and whether or not such advertising material or artwork is supplied to Inside Lancashire Ltd and however the said delay in delivery, loss or damage is caused.
1. Any credit accounts must be authorized by Inside Lancashire Ltd in writing in advance.
2. Other accounts require 50% deposit at booking stage and balance paid no later than 20 days after the date of invoice
3. In default of payment under paragraphs 1 and 2, Inside Lancashire Ltd shall be entitled, without prejudice to its other remedies for breach of contract, to refuse to publish or place the Advertisement Copy or by seven (7) days’ notice in writing to terminate the Contract.
4. Advertisers shall pay interest at a rate equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) per month or, in the event that the parties are precluded by law for establishing such rate, the maximum interest rate, permitted by applicable law, on any account or any balance of accounts remaining unpaid after the twenty fifth (25th) day of the month following the month of publication. This condition may be waived with agreement of a director of Inside Lancashire Ltd.
5. All rates published are exclusive of any value-added or other relevant sales tax and the Advertiser shall be solely responsible for any and all such taxes.
1. All cancellations must be registered in writing to Inside Lancashire Ltd within 21 working days from date of contract/order and are subject to a thirty (30) % cancellation fee.
1. Series discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and completed within one year of date of first insertion. The Publisher reserves the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period. The publisher reserves the right to waive this rule in certain circumstances agreed by a Director of Inside Lancashire Ltd
These conditions and terms of the contract shall be governed in accordance with the Laws of England.